Types of principal plastics and their characteristics
- Thermoplastic resin
- Thermosetting resin
- 1. & nbsp; Polytetrafluoroethylene Resin
- Famous name under the trade name "Teflon" , Is a representative plastic of fluorine resin. It has high heat resistance and chemical resistance, it is also a material with various characteristics such as low friction characteristics, low dielectric constant and non-tackiness. However, it has poor thermal fluidity and poor formability.
- 2. & nbsp; Liquid Crystal Polymer Resin
- Also known as "Liquid Crystal Polyester" plastic. It is a material with excellent heat resistance, high rigidity and elasticity, dimensional stability. However, it is also a material that is vulnerable to abrasion and shock, and it is not suitable for bonding and bending when processing.
- 3. Polyphenylene sulfide
- Abbreviation The plastic which is often called "PPS" as it is. It has high heat resistance and high temperature characteristics and is excellent also in mechanical strength and flame retardancy. It is also a material excellent in electrical insulation, but this plastic also has the disadvantage of weak impact and abrasion.
- 4. Polyethylene terephthalate resin
- It is a material commonly known as "PET" and is a very famous plastic as a material for PET bottles in familiar places. It is excellent in heat resistance and cold resistance (heat resistance as a PET bottle is not so high), it is a highly transparent material. When used as engineering plastics, it is brittle by itself, so it must be reinforced with glass fiber or the like. dd>
- 5. Polyacetal Resin
- It is a kind of material called "5 large engineering plastics" alongside "polycarbonate" and "polyamide". It has high abrasion resistance and is used for bearings and others. It is excellent in mechanical strength and temperature, and it is often used as a substitute for metal. Welding is possible, but there is no suitable adhesive.
- 1. dt>
- Because it uses urea it is a plastic also called "urea resin". Alongside "phenolic resin" it is an old material of history, the cheapest material among thermosetting resins. It has the convenience of coloring freely and being able to color clear color as a molding material. It is a material with high surface hardness, but it has difficulty in impact resistance. dd>
- 2. Diallyl phthalate resin
- It is a material with excellent electrical properties and dimensional stability, and it is widely used as electric / mechanical parts . It is also used as a decorative board due to its high water resistance, stain resistance and weather resistance. dd>
- 3. Polyurethane
- Plastic with an alias such as "urethane resin" "urethane rubber". Polyurethane has a variety of characteristics, it can be classified as either thermoset or thermoplastic. It is rich in kinds of hardness, and it is excellent in various properties such as elasticity, abrasion resistance, impact resistance and so on.
There are plentiful kinds of plastics, each with different characteristics. In using it as a material / part, it is necessary to understand the characteristics of each plastic and to select materials suitable for the application.