A type suitable for the insertion method of the insert nut
- How to use the insert nut
- Type of synthetic resin
- Types of plastic materials
How to use the insert nut
Insert nut is used for molding plastic such as synthetic resin. Although metal has strength, plastics ・ resin does not have strength as much as metal.
When connecting plastics, the strength is required for the bonded part. Insert nuts are used to prevent disengagement.
Insert nuts can be inserted in various ways, depending on their insertion method, the type, size and shape of the insert nut will be used accordingly.
Insertion method and type of insert nut
Depending on the insertion method, use the type, size and shape of the insert nut properly. At present, various types of insert nuts with excellent strength are increasing, and the variety is also diversified.
We will also briefly explain the features of the type.
After molding hot press fitting method
It is a method of applying heat to the set insert nut and press-fitting it to a predetermined position. As it gets softened by applying heat, you can insert the insert nut easily into the specified position.
- 1.Catch sart
- Insert nut has no directionality and productivity is high. Moreover, it has convenience because it can accommodate either hot press fitting or cold press fitting in addition to abundant size.
- 2.Catch sart with collar
- A flange is a flange and a mounting part can be taken largely, so it is advantageous to have a flange in a place where desorption is frequent. Moreover, it is rich in size and it can correspond either to hot press fitting or cold press fitting.
- 3.SG lock
- Since the knurl is in the opposite direction, it is excellent in strength. It is the most common post molded insert with features easy to insert even manually.
- 4.SG lock with collar
- As mentioned earlier, it is easy to desorb in places where desorption is frequent, which is advantageous. After general molding, insert nut can withstand high and can be inserted even manually.
- It has no directionality, high productivity, and excellent strength. It is the insert nut most suitable for use in automatic feeders and parts feeders.
- 6.Web lock
- It is mainly used for polycarbonate in a shape hard to apply stress to the resin. It is highly productive, can be inserted manually, it is suitable for use in automatic feeders and parts feeders.
After molding cold press fitting method
This is a method of press-fitting the set insert nut to a specified position at room temperature. It is the most common and can be inserted with a light press or a hammer.
- 1.Catch Sart
- 2.Catch sart with collar
- 1.2.Both are explained in 1) 2) of the thermo-press fitting method after molding. Either hot press fitting or cold press fitting can be used.
- 3.Knife lock
- It is an insert nut suitable for thermosetting resin. It can be inserted with light press pressure.
- 4.Knife lock with a head
- A flange is a flange, which is advantageous for frequently desorbed parts because the mounting part can be taken largely.
It is suitable for thermosetting resin and can be inserted under light press pressure.
- Tap insert
- Because it can be installed easily with a hammer etc, anyone can install and it is easy to handle. Screw the bolt to increase the strength.
Insert at molding
Set the insert nut on the mold pin and pour the plastic. Plastic becomes hardened and the strength becomes strong.
- 1.Quality lock
- Because the central groove is square, the strength is more than twice as strong. It is not oriented, productivity is high, there is no chips generated, so it is the best insert nut for improving product quality.
There are various kinds of insert nut and insertion method. Now that insert nuts are sold also in the Internet and home centers, when using it on a do-it-yourself carpenter please try to use properly according to the purpose and purpose.